Silver Jewellery and Soldering Course Bundle
Get the Silver Jewellery Workshop and The Soldering Masterclass Together for only £100!
Everyone loves a bargain! Us included. So in this special bundle get The Silver Jewellery Workshop and The Soldering Masterclass together for just £100 (usual price £168) - That's a massive £68 saving!
What's more with these two great courses together you will learn to set up your own home jewellery workshop, how to make silver rings, charms and pendants, all the basic techniques of sawing, designing and working with the metal, followed up by a comprehensive course on the area that is most crucial to developing your jewellery making skills, soldering.
By the end of completing these two courses you will be well equipped to make professional silver jewellery from home. With tones of new techniques for you to try and practice with.
Get started in minutes - simply click the enroll button above or below :-)
Tools and Materials
Silver Jewellery Workshop
- Bench Peg (or jewellers workbench)
- Jewellers/ Piercing Saw
- Saw Blades (Grade 3.0)
- Brass Tweezers (or plastic)
- Hand Torch & Gas
- Heatproof fire brick (for firing on)
- Borax cone and dish (or other form of flux)
- Small paintbrush
- Selection of pliers – half-round, flat nosed, round-nosed
- Ring sizer
- Ring mandrel
- Metal scriber
- Large half-round file
- Half-round needle file
- Mallet leather hide (for shaping the ring, it doesn’t dent the metal)
- Solder probe
- Tin snips
- Emery papers and or emery stick (recommended grades 400, 800 and 1200)
- Safety pickle
- Centre punch
- Hand Drill
- Beeswax (optional for lubrication to the saw blade)
- Safety Googles (advised)
- Additional files: large flat file, Needle files (half round, safety back – like a rooftop & round)
- Reverse action pliers
- Polishing cream and cloth
- Hard silver solder
- Silver Sheet: Recommended 1mm thick 3cmx3cm for silver pendant and 1.2mm thick, 0.8-1.2mm wide and 7-9cm long (depending on your ring size) piece for your silver ring.
- Silver 6mm jump ring and silver chain to finish pendant
- Bench tools as above plus
- Reverse action tweezers in a third hand tool
- Solder: easy, medium and hard (silver)
- Steel block
- Turntable for soldering
- Binding wire
- Syringe solder, hard type
- Charcoal block
- Hand file
The Soldering Masterclass has lots of projects for you to practise on. We recommend practising in copper to begin with before moving on to using them in your designs. A sheet of 0.5mm or 0.7mm sheet and 0.8mm round wire would be suitable to work with.
To source your tools and materials, take a look at our list of worldwide jewellery suppliers https://www.jewellersacademy.com/jewellery-supplie...