Learn how to create creole and hinged hoop earrings
Welcome to our first course that focuses solely on earrings!
This is a brand new intermediate-level course taught by expert jeweller, Stelios Karantonas.
In this course you will learn:
- How to make and solder hoop earrings
- How to make a twisted wire hoop earring design
- How to create a creole earring tension clasp
- How to make a hoop earring with a hinge in the centre for opening and closing
- Work with gold and silver and mixed metals to create your own designs
- And lots more tips and tricks!
What Will You Get?
- Ongoing access to comprehensive video lessons, guiding you through all the techniques, tips and tricks
- Downloadable course notes to work alongside the videos
- Full list of kit and materials you need to create these gorgeous designs
- Access to our supportive community of jewellers and tutors to help you at every stage of the process
- Access to the videos 24/7 - you can stop, pause, rewind and replay as much as you like
- Excellent close-up shots to see what is happening in each step so you don't miss a thing
Stelios Karantonas is a Greek designer who lives and creates in London. He found his niche in jewellery manufacturing and design, receiving two scholarships and working as a freelance designer/maker in Thessaloniki and Athens, Greece.
Stelios created his own brand in London in 2014. All his pieces are hand-made in his Hatton Gardens workshop, where he constantly grows as a designer, working on a variety of gemstones, 9, 18 and 22 Karat Gold and 925 Sterling Silver.
Stelios is a passionate teacher who is extremely giving in sharing his vast knowledge of silver and goldsmithing with budding students.
Start1. Introduction & Samples (1:34)
Start2. Making Creole Earrings with Twisted Wire (12:02)
Start3. Shaping Creole earrings (16:31)
Start4. Making the Creole Hinge & Post (15:40)
Start5. Making Hinged Earrings (17:36)
Start6. Creating the Hinge (12:42)
Start7. Soldering the Earring Post (7:34)
Start8. Making the Earring Post Groove (4:47)
Start9. Hinged Earrings - Assembly (17:17)
StartFeedback: How Was Your Course
Materials list ( to make both styles of earring in silver)
2 x 20cm of 1.2mm round silver wire for twisted hoops
2 x 12cm of 2mm square silver wire for hinged hoops
1mm round silver wire
0.8mm round silver wire
Standard silver jewellery set up - soldering station, bench peg, pliers, files, steel block etc
0.8mm drill bit
1mm cup burr
1.5mm bearing cutting burr
0.8mm & 1.2mm ball burr
Polymorph mouldable plastic granules
This is an intermediate to advanced level course suitable for jewellers who have experience of working with sheet silver metal and are competent at soldering.
We look forward to welcoming you on the course and seeing your new creations soon